Last year on this very day and time my girls were outside playing, dad trying to put the fence up with grandpa standing near with his order of gravel on it's way. 1 more load of gravel meant his latest project would be complete. The ideal job for the day was to get the fence up which grandpa was not letting happen. Instead him and dad leveled all the gravel that day, he needed all his projects completed (if you know grandpa you know he was anal about having things done right away and did not like to wait.) I had a few errands to run so I stopped in the van to talk to my dad on the tractor and grandpa near the driveway, grandpa waved his last goodbye to me as I drove out of sight! I have never lost anyone close to me, but that day I did and I miss him a lot! He was not only a grandpa much like my second dad, lots of heartfelt talks that I miss dearly and great advice. Grandpa only wanted goodL for his family and he strived for that in all ways possible! I am so glad that my kids got to know him and what an amazing man he was! They talk about him daily, which makes my heart feel good! They scream for Papa Ted chocolate chip cookies as we go down the cookie aisle, they put there heads back in the tub to be rinsed and say "get back get way back" grandpa always said that to his dog Tri.
What I have learned....
Missing someone hurts
Never take anything or anyone for granted, you just never know what the next minute will bring
Take the time to always say "I Love You"
Enjoy the Little moments for one day you will look back and they will be the Big Moments!
There really is a reason to recycle your cans (even though I still don't but really should, that money does add up... if grandpa was here you could ask him but I will just tell you instead because he told me that over and over)
and there are many many more reasons!
But today I am going to enjoy my family as grandpa would want me to, and remember all the good times we had with PaPa Ted!
Love You Grandpa and Miss You!!!

1 comment:
Thanks for sharing that. Your grandpa was such a sweet man. It is really hard to lose people, but aren't we so grateful that we have that peaceful feeling of knowing we will see them again someday!
Post a Comment